The examination coordinator will be appointed from the staff body based on the interest, knowledge and experiences in the field. Under the co-ordinator, an examination committee will be formed comprising of all support staff. In need the coordinator may like to use the expertise and help of any other colleague to successfully conduct the examinations and take up group evaluation. Size of the committee shall vary as per need.
General Examination Policy
- The Examination Secretary must inform the school administration before-hand and keep ready with any examination materials.
- The Examination Secretary and committee will prepare examination time table, seating arrangement, group evaluation, schedule invigilators and assist the examination invigilation during examination.
- The special consideration to some extend will be given to a candidate if she/he falls sick at the time of examination.
- A child must secure 90% attendance to sit for examination. In case the child is sick, he/she must produce medical certificate(prescription), which must be verified by Academic Head and Examination Secretary, to allow her/him to sit for the examination.
- The answer scripts for all the classes will be done as group evaluation. If particular evaluator is planning to go on leave, she/he must arrange substitution by self for the smooth and timely completion of correction.
- The supporting staff will help teachers in doing evaluation and also assist the Examination Secretary.
- It is the responsibility of the subject teacher to promote the students fairly by doing T-Score calculation if most of the students fail in the particular subject.
- If the candidate is found with attempting mal-practices, the particular candidate shall be
expelled from the hall and cancel that paper. However, CA marks will be added to the
- The caretaker will ring the bell during the time of examination according to the time table. Two sweepers will clean the cell room by putting papers in the sack or any appropriate case.
- The examination materials should be used gingerly after the prior permission from the examination secretary.
- Trial Examination will be conducted for class X as per the education policy. In our school, two papers will be conducted in a day, and the examination will be completed within a week. This would allow subject teachers and students to have enough time for thorough revision before BCSE.
- For Mid-Term Examination (Class PP-X) and Annual Examination (Class PP-IX), only one paper will be conducted in a day.
- Duplicating machine will be solely used for printing the question papers only.
- For weekly and unit tests, the cyclostyle machine will be used. If appropriate, the question papers for primary classes will be copied through this mode.
- Question papers MUST be printed on both the sides of the sheet (applicable to papers copied through duplicating machine and for higher students).
- The subject teachers must submit the marks (CA and exam marks totaled) to the person, appointed by the Examination Secretary after TWO days of the conduct of examination, for further submission to the class teachers.
- It is mandatory to attach the Blue Prints and the Model Answers with the question papers for storage in the Question Bank.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES/STUDENTS
- This notice has been prepared to help students. Students MUST read it carefully and do what they are asked.REGULATIONS
Make Sure You Know the Rules
You must produce your Admit Card for every examination (BCSE only).
You must be on time for all examinations. If you are late by ten minutes, you will not be admitted.
You may take into the examination room only the materials and equipment which are allowed.
You must not talk to or disturb other candidates once you are in the examination hall.
Visits to toilets will not be permitted except where arrangements are made for adequate vigilance.
Make Sure that You
Know the dates and times of your examination.
Attend the examination in a proper dress.
Know that you will be checked physically if necessary before entering the examination room by the invigilators.
Arrive at least ten minutes before the start of each examination.
If you arrived late for an examination, report to the invigilator running the examination.
You must be PRESENT for all papers registered. You will be treated as ABSENT for all the papers if absent from one written paper or part of the paper.
You are not allowed to enter staff room at the time of preparing questions.
Provide Yourself with What You Need
Leave outside the examination-room, or with the invigilator, anything that you do not need or which is not allowed (e.g. electronic devices)
Take into the examination-room pens, pencils, eraser and any instruments that must be completed in pencil (2B or HB). Colored pencils or inks may be used only for diagrams, maps, charts, etc.
You are not allowed to borrow anything from another candidate during the examination without prior permission from the invigilators.
You may not use a calculator, unless you are told that you may do so.
If you use a calculator
o Make sure you use fx82/fx100
o Make sure it works properly
o Make sure that battery is working properly
o Clear anything stored in it
o Do not bring into the examination room any operating instructions or prepared programmer
36 School Policy Document, Tang Middle Secondary School, Bumthang
Listen to the invigilator and do what you are asked to;
Tell the invigilator at once;
If you think you have not been given the right question paper or all the materials like graph paper, maps, topology,…
If the question paper is incomplete, badly printed or damaged.
Read carefully the instructions printed on the question paper and /or on the answerbooklet/answer paper. Do what they ask you to do.
Fill in the details required on the front of your question paper and/or answer-booklet before the start of the examination.
Do any rough work on the examination stationery provided. Cross it through and attach it with the answer-booklet.
Write the question number clearly in the left-hand margin at the beginning of each answer. Do not copy the question as this will waste your writing time. Be careful to use the same system of numbering as that in the question paper. Leave a blank space after the answer to each question.
Allocate your time for answering each question as per the marks allotted to the question.
Advice and Assistance
If, on the day of the examination, you feel that your work may be affected by ill health or any other reason, tell the invigilator.
If, during the examination, you have a problem and are in doubt about what you should do, put your hand up to draw attention. The invigilator will come and assist you.
You may not ask for, and will not be given, any explanation of the examination question.
Leaving the Examination Room
You are not allowed to leave the examination room until at least half an hour before the completion of the examination. If you are allowed to leave before the end of the examination, you will not be allowed to return.
If you have used more than one answer-booklet and /or loose sheets of answer-paper, you must place them in the correct order. Fasten them together before you leave.
You must not leave the examination room until the invigilator tells you to do so.
You must not take out any pages from the answer-booklet/answer-sheet.
WARNING If you cheat, try to use any unfair practice, or break the rules in any way, you will be dealt as per serial number viii of the general rules mentioned above.
The following constitute the use of unfair means in the examination: i. Giving or receiving help from any fellow candidate or any member of the supervisory staff or any other person or source for the purpose of solving/answering the questions. ii. Copying from another candidate‟s work.
37 School Policy Document, Tang Middle Secondary School, Bumthang iii. Allowing another candidate to copy your work. iv. Possessing books, notes, or any other informative document from which to copy answers to questions. v. Influencing or intimidating supervisory staff to overlook the use of unfair means. vi. Creating indiscipline in or around the examination room.
A COPY OF THIS NOTICE MUST BE DISPLAYED INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE
EXAMINATION ROOM. (TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE EXAMINATION SECRETARY).